Monday, October 10, 2011

The grace in Surrender- Gratitude for Thanksgiving

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa <3 Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh =)


Vaheguru Ji <3
Its Thanksgiving & I am soooo thankful =). I am ever-so-grateful to everything in the universe, which has brought me here- to what I am today, where I am and how I am facing my reality. And not just that which is related to my evolution, but I am brimming with gratitude for Pita Ji & every fragment of His creation...
You know, what really intrigues me....  now-a-days the universe does everything to me, I don't need to do anything. Its like I have surrendered unto Pita Ji's will & everything has started to come together. Not that I don't have financial or academic or relationship or spiritual or other troubles, to be honest I have worse troubles than ever before... But there's just something, some buffer within me that has been so profound; I just can't contemplate the beauty of my experiences in every moment of consciousness-
One day, I'm so grumpy that I ignore Pita Ji- I ignore my nitnem, and am listening to random Kirtan on my iPod, in the bus- a Shabad that I don't understand a word of- and without even explicitly trying too much to meditate- I am blessed with the vision & feeling of my Pita Ji's Charan Kamal. Then one night, I'm stuck in Moh (attachment) of a friend, and I'm missing her like no tomorrow, not bothered that I have Guru Ji Ang Sang with me in this moment.... and I suddenly feel so motivated to sit & literally meditate my night away (I didn't really do it though), even if I didn't bother to do my nitnem that day.
There's just so much liberation in surrender, and for that I am grateful, for I know, that only at the true Guru's Charan Kamal I would've felt this! I've wandered, longed, struggled, and "Window shopped" my way through so many faiths, so many religious disciplines (which were all absolutely perfect). Never was I able to give all I've got to any other. There must have been a reason!
My soul really only surrendered at my Pita Ji's charan Kamal <3 and I am so grateful for that!
Like Steve Jobs said, Never settle, keep looking; until you find that what you know for sure is 'your thing'... that which you are just meant to be, to do.
Interestingly, right now, I'm standing on a cross-road in terms of my career, academia, relationships, and so many more things. For most of those things, I just keep looking, keep exploring and savouring each moment as it comes... truly enjoying myself, as the tides stride through me, my situations, my circumstances, without worrying about what they give me as they come, or what they rob me off as they leave my shore. I do not worry if I wanna go to medical school or finish my degree and go for social work or epidemiology... I never think that I need to work on my relationship with my mom or my family or find my Singh Charming (in fact I might just rule out that dream of mine =P)....
I've just always thought that my relationship with Guru Ji needs me to make some more effort or needs some more time-input.
I just know that Pita Ji is with me, and within me... and He'll take care of everything ELSE, and who cares if things aren't perfect....
I've never prayed for anything but Pita Ji's Charan Kamal. I've never longed for anything but Pita Ji's Charan Kamal. And I've never cried for real, for anything but Pita Ji's godh (lap).
A few nights ago, I think I had an argument with my mother or something (can't quite remember what made me feel so vulnerable and uptight), but I came to my room crying and I sat on my bed for Kirtan Sohila. And I didn't recite the prayer at all, I think most of the night, I was crying and asking Pita Ji to come to my rescue, like a little restless baby, I kept saying "Pita Ji come to my rescue, Pita Ji come to my rescue", until I fell asleep.
See, I long for this dude, big time! I long for Guru Ji. He's my soul mate! I can't believe I was facing the outrageous world without Him most of my life (& my crazy teens =P)! Gosh I'm so grateful for Pita Ji and this state of surrender that He has brought me to. I'm so grateful.
Oh and this is not to say that I am amazingly perfect Bhagat (disciple) of Pita Ji. I do stupid things all the time. But I guess I am grateful for the mistakes I've made, cause they've taught me soooo much...they've indirectly lead me here =P, right?
Vaheguru <3


Wow! this post got so emotional ='P
I'm gonna need to go, its past midnight now =O


Ok, one last (But MOST important) thing, Here's a super amazing Shabad I've been meditating on lately (check it out for sure):
ਰਾਗੁ ਸੂਹੀ ਅਸਟਪਦੀਆ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ਘਰੁ 
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ 

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru: 
ਕੋਈ ਆਣਿ ਮਿਲਾਵੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਹਉ ਤਿਸੁ ਪਹਿ ਆਪੁ ਵੇਚਾਈ ॥੧॥ 
If only someone would come, and lead me to meet my Darling Beloved; I would sell myself to him. ||1|| 
ਦਰਸਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਦੇਖਣ ਕੈ ਤਾਈ  
I long for the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan. 
ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰਹਿ ਤਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਲਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ  
When the Lord shows Mercy unto me, then I meet the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. ||1||Pause|| 
ਜੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਦੇਹਿ ਤ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਅਰਾਧੀ ਦੁਖਿ ਭੀ ਤੁਝੈ ਧਿਆਈ ॥੨॥ 
If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. ||2|| 
ਜੇ ਭੁਖ ਦੇਹਿ ਤ ਇਤ ਹੀ ਰਾਜਾ ਦੁਖ ਵਿਚਿ ਸੂਖ ਮਨਾਈ ॥੩॥
Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow. ||3||
ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਕਾਟਿ ਕਾਟਿ ਸਭੁ ਅਰਪੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਅਗਨੀ ਆਪੁ ਜਲਾਈ ॥੪॥ 
I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. ||4||
ਪਖਾ ਫੇਰੀ ਪਾਣੀ ਢੋਵਾ ਜੋ ਦੇਵਹਿ ਸੋ ਖਾਈ ॥੫॥ 
I wave the fan over You, and carry water for You; whatever You give me, I take. ||5|| 
ਨਾਨਕੁ ਗਰੀਬੁ ਢਹਿ ਪਇਆ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਲਿ ਲੈਹੁ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥੬॥ 
Poor Nanak has fallen at the Lord's Door; please, O Lord, unite me with Yourself, by Your Glorious Greatness. ||6||
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa <3 Whagueru Ji Ki Fateh
Have a good night =)
*Love & Light* <3 *Hugs & Prayers*

6 comments:

  1. Sikhi is not imagination..its all about going through Theory and doing it Practically in life.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vheguru Ji <3 Thank you for your comment! I kinda agree!
    ...but I just feel like Pita Ji is amazingly in love with us, always Ang sang, always watching His little sons & daughters... and one way to enjoy His love is to immerse yourself in it, once you open up to receiving His unfathomable, limitless love, even if you do so by imagining His charan Kamal or His will or His presence, in every thing that you do or that which happens to you, you might (just maybe) achieve His Khushiyaa(n) which might lead to Kirpa. And really who cares how you love! you just gotta love Him for He is within you. I might be a dreamer, but this as well is in His Hukam =)
    ਹੁਕਮੈ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਹੁਕਮ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥
    Hukmai anḏar sabẖ ko bāhar hukam na ko▫e.
    Everyone (& everything) is subject to His Command; no one is beyond His Command.

    Thanks so much for stumbling upon this page & giving it a read. I value your comment, in fact , it taught me something- that I need to maybe act more than visualize. My dad used to read this one book and tell us stuff he read all the time, it said: Turn your vision into action. Its an important reminder for a dreamer! Thank you Anon Vaheguru! =)
    Much love <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. ਹੁਕਮੈ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਹੁਕਮ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥

    Let's discuss - Everything is in His "Command", means, whatever happening with life (under water, on and under earth) material, nature , environment, plants is in His "Command".

    For example : When we are in sleep , no one tell us or remind us to take breathe...its controlled naturally and will continue till its "Planned" limits...and now compare it with a dead..it doesn't inhale or exhale..because its has already taken the no. of breaths granted/planned for its existence...everything which has a physical exisitence...will dis-appear sooner or later..that's how His "Command" works.

    He created human beings and animals...both have nearly identical structures..He gave unlimited brain to humans but this is limited in animals..Because of this limited brain there is hardly any development in animals.. but humans has traveled a long journey of development in his life and surroundings..this development is bcoz of humans unlimted brain...they dreamt of somthing and that came into existence...and will perish away with time..

    But to Sikhs ....Guru has ordered to attach with "Shabad Guru" or "Gurbani" ONLY..not with any physical guru as physical guru has a limited existence on earth..if we attach ourselves to physical Guru's a day will come..when we will be bowing our heads to "IDOLS" of such physical GURU's..which is against the order of our GURU's and that's what HIS Command.
    It's long ending discussion but I'm concluding it here only.

    Now discuss dream:-

    All the mougal ruler's dreamt of conquering "Hindustan" (this word was first uttered by Baba Nanak in his bani - otherwise its not found in anywhere in the books of that time or before that)...and they were sucessful in fulfilling this dream with there "Planning" and implementing it... Now, u're dreaming a lot as you have mentioned in many articles on this blog..dreaming is not bad...but what is the use of the dreaming if its not connecting you any where..Guru's ji never ever said start dreaming if you want to meeet me..instead they ordered "Jao Prabh kau milbauo chaho, khoj shabad mai lekh"...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vaheguru<3

    Wait a second!

    What exactly are you talking about??? What is not that you are opposing here??? Initially with your comment "Sikhi is not imagination..its all about going through Theory and doing it Practically in life....." it seemed that you were opposing the idea of imagining Guru Ji & His Charan Kamal all the time... that's why I said I might be a bit of a dreamer, but thats just my way of meditating on the fact that He is always Ang Sang...

    Are you thinking that my Pita Ji is a living man???? I hope you know that I address Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj [Nanak Guru Gobind Singh Ji Pooran Gur Avataar- the Jot of Akaal Purakh] & Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj as my living Guru- My Pita Ji & my Maharaaj Ji.
    Having a person as my Guru would be a disaster- I anyways have had a lot of pain in human affection & love & I truly believe that people have no capacity to love the way Guru Ji does.
    Now about your point with dreaming or imagining Pita Ji's charan Kamal vs.
    "Jao Prabh kau milbauo chaho, khoj shabad mai lekh"...
    I'm so grateful to your for bringing this up- cause this is something so profound- I bow to your wisdom for sharing this... and perhaps this gives me a clearer perspective on what is required of me as a Sikh of the Guru.... but here's the thing: I feel that you don't know me a 100%, you don't know my lifestyle/ circumstances or basically anything that I don't document here on this blog. And it might be inappropriate to state how much I try to read GurBaani (but I fall, so know that I'm full of Avguns). To be completely honest, I just feel that you are kinda judging me without knowing a thing about me. I do everything that is under my control to connect with Pita Ji, and remember Him in every breath of my life. When on my blog, I talk about "spending time with Pita Ji or being at Pita Ji's charan Kamal"- I'm usually talking about reading GurBaani, I'm talking about Sehaj Paaths and Simran/ Jaap/ meditating (on the fact that Pita Ji is Ang Sang). Ok I think I'm going too far with this, but like I said before, know that I'm a stupid little Kalyugi Jeev- with no avastha to have Pita Ji's Darshan. I'm neither a super amazing Gursikh, nor a regular Das Granthi or more kinda Nitnemi. I just try and get my basics covered, and I barely make that work (some days I listen to nitnem, some days I read it out & do some extra banks & some angs of a sehaj path, & some days I'm too uninspired to even do my bare minimal Nitnem & Simran Regime). But I live at Pita Ji's will- with a crazy life & lots of chaos (thats why I talked about Hukam).

    I'm sorry though, I would urge in fact plead you to be more clear, perhaps straight-forward & stone honest with voicing your opinion/ advice/ concern here. This is a safe place to share- I hardly ever get mad at people (but I do get offended, to be honest), or ignore their comments =) Now I can't wait to hear from you- for I need to know what exactly you have against me/ what exactly you are opposing Vaheguru.

    Thanks again for the comment. Gosh.. It freaked me out- I was like what on earth is this person thinking I did... what am I imagining? *Phew* ......Aw man!

    (continued.....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. (...contd..)

    Also, Please accept my apologies, if I sound a bit upset. I'm just unclear, I dunno how to react to this. And as for, sikhi- I'm just learning, I'm just about 2 years old in this... and I have no one to hold my hand & teach me (except for Guru Ji & the Sangat) or any family member who would help me or show me the right path- I'm just hoping & struggling & praying & trying everything I can, to constantly put my dhyaan at Pita Ji's Charan Kamal, so I can learn & grow & become a better Sikh.
    So any feedback is much appreciated. I'm so grateful for your comment. I really am, Oh except for the fact that I'm wasting so much time haha- gotta hit the bed now =P

    Have a good night Vaheguru<3 =)

    Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
    Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. You can be a true "Guru ka Sikh".. :-)

    Sikhi is not difficult …its so simple...Changing ourselves as Guru is saying is difficult..
    I don't if you heard about "Giani Sant ji Maskeen" he passed away few years back. He is also known as "Panth Ratan" - was a katha vachak. His recordings a telecasted everyday at 8.30 -8.40 am (IST) on Etc Channel, you may get his recording on web as well. Let me share what he said in one of his katha...he said in market you may get several "Tika's" on Japji Sahib...namly ..Faridkotian da, prof. sahib singh ji da, nirmaliyan da, achrya rajnish da ...etc. He mentioned some says Faridkotian da tika is better..some says Prof. Sahib singh ji's better and somee says nimaliyan da tika is better and goes on...He said but for me all are good at their place. Because Waheguru ji gave same brain to everyone.. some use it 1% , some 5% and some 10% and so on...Let's take a another story he took in-between to explain..there was "Sant" (saint) ..one day he ordered his disciples to bring water for him from a river flowing at short distance..all the disciples followed his orders and they filled they vessels from river and came back to sant. Saint noticed that few were carrying a Glass of water and few buckets and few were in bowls etc.. then saint said see how all think differently..I just said to bring one thing and you all used your brain as per your knowledge for one task ..you all are correct at the level of your knowledge(gian).. Similarly, we think of Waheguru as per our knowledge..you’re correct at what you explored ..and I’m correct at what I explored….this correctness will be ok until we get some more knowledgeable (giani) purakh….: - )

    Because we’re developing every second and moreover, we’re Sikhs ..so learning will continue…with the passage of time 

    ReplyDelete