Monday, February 7, 2011

Sanctuary of the Imperishable Lord God

Starting to realize, that as my evening Nitnem has been becoming longer and more & more regular... It is getting harder and harder to keep up with all the aspects of Sikhi- Well, my point is that as you step up the ladder, get promotions, you probably also need to work harder to be the achiever you'd like to be.
I'm not complaining- just stating that the grip of the 5 evil vakaars has been becoming stronger- I feel the pressure to work against them, while they somehow rise =(
Nonetheless, Guru jee, as I always say (& even brag) is never ever going to let go of me- He never gives up on us- we are the feeble minded ones who do, if ever! 

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Salok Sehshritee on Pannaa 1358 

isr msœk rK´w pwrbRhmM hsœ kwXw rK´w prmysÍrh ]
sir masthak rakhyaa paarabrehama(n) hasth kaayaa rakhyaa paramaesvareh ||
The Supreme Lord God has procted my head and forehead; the Transcendent Lord has protected my hands and body.

Awqm rK´w gopwl suAwmI Dn crx rK´w jgdIsÍrh ]
aatham rakhyaa gopaal suaamee dhhan charan rakhyaa jagadheesvareh ||
God, my Lord and Master, has saved my soul; the Lord of the Universe has saved my wealth and feet.

srb rK´w gur dXwlh BY dUK ibnwsnh ]
sarab rakhyaa gur dhayaaleh bhai dhookh binaasaneh ||
The Merciful Guru has protected everything, and destroyed my fear and suffering.

Bgiq vCl AnwQ nwQy srix nwnk purK Acuqh ]52]
bhagath vashhal anaathh naathhae saran naanak purakh achutheh ||52||
God is the Lover of His devotees, the Master of the masterless. Nanak has entered the Sanctuary of the Imperishable Primal Lord God. ||52||

To me, this shabad is the declaration of my surrender unto the holy charan kamal of my Naath- all an anaath needs in this world and beyond-- His sharan!

Vaheguru ji ka Khlalsa 
Vahguru ji ki Fateh!

No comments:

Post a Comment