Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reminisce

Here's a Quote that one of my fav bloggers posted recently, I've gotta say, I'm gonna declare it my all time favorite Quote, as it reminds me of times I'd always cherish and while I was reading it, it triggered in me a reminiscence of the days of my childhood, where we used to travel a lot as a family, and check out the most beautiful and peaceful places on earth and rekindled in me my love for travelling and looking at things as I used to then, you know what I think I was a cool innovative kid, with almost cooler ideology ... Anyways
Thanks to Amber (http://iamambernichole.blogspot.com) one of my fav Photographers, for sharing this!

"We all start out knowing magic. We are born with whirlwinds, forest fires, and comets inside us. We are born able to sing to birds and read the clouds and see out destiny in grains of sand. But then we get the magic educated right out of our souls. We get it churched out, spanked out, washed out, and combed out. We get put in the straight and narrow and told to be responsible. Told to act our age. Told to grow up, for God’s sake. And you know why we’re told that? Because the people doing the telling were afraid of our wilderness and youth, and because the magic we knew made them ashamed and sad at what they allowed to whither in themselves. After you get so far away from it though, you can’t really get it back. You can have seconds of it. Just seconds of knowing and remembering. When people get all weepy at movies, it’s because in that dark theatre, the golden pool of magic is touched, just briefly. Then they come out into the hard sun of logic and reason again and it dries up, and they’re left feeling a little heartsad and not knowing why. For the briefest of instants, you have stepped into the magic realm. The truth of life is that every year we get farther away from the essence that is born within us. We get shouldered with burdens, some of them good, some of them not so good. Things happen to us. Loved ones die. People get in wrecks, and get crippled. It’s not hard to do, in this world of crazy mazes. Life itself does its best to take that memory of magic away from us. You don’t know its happening until one day you feel like you’ve lost something, but you’re not sure what it is. "
-Robert McCammon


******
I cannot help thinking about this one thing I read somewhere: "In less time than it takes to blink your eye, a lifetime's worth of  kamaaee (Spiritual earning) can be lost with a single action or thought. it can happen to anyone" for a few different reasons. One, Kamaaee is almost a new term for me, to me, I have no spiritual Earnings anyway, I haven't done much of the faithfulness and believing in God in my life (It just started a year and a half ago, as you probably know), but I have always believed in Karma, that all goodness can be undone if you have bad deeds and bad thoughts taking over, Man, it scares me... 
A few days ago, I was thinking about the term "God- Fearing" and denying the existence of fear in faith, I felt that faith is all about love, and if you love God, why'd you fear Him, especially because He is Ultimately forgiving and ultimately Kind.... But now I know why that quite had started to scare me, and how you 'might' fear God, not because He's the harmful being but because He can do anything, based on out Karma, despite His Ultimately and Infinitely Kind Heart...I don't know- interesting thoughts.... but I really don't know
Karma is scary, but it makes us like and value Goodness and good deeds, which definitely is Good........ 


I've been working on the "Thought Crime" (in terms of Vakaars and Maaya) thing I was talking about last time, my conclusion: Guru jee's help always leads to Fateh (victory), like everytime a bad thought comes to my mind, I just pray and thats successful in repelling the most compulsive and persuasive 'bad' thought... all of this---> =)
******
 I was on the wait list for this one HIV related course, and I was a bit concerned b/c some people had to drop the course in order for me to get in, because of limited spots AND, I prayed, It worked, I am in it for this semester now, along with a course on Disability & Injury and a Statistics course!!!! Yay- this also leads to  =)

I bought some Yoga blocks today, yeah, I am not much of a yogi, just someone who exercises, meditates a bit and breaths long Yogi Breaths (LOL)... but I was looking for these for the longest time, just found some today...Looking forward for getting back to my exercise regime. 


Alright now!
Have a good night you Guys
 =)


Love and Light!
*Hugs*

3 comments:

  1. VJKK VJKF

    Have you read Paulo Coelho's book 'The Alchemist'? It's totally along the same lines as the quote you posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sat Nam,

    Thank you for sharing that quote. I personally feel that through a spiritual practice (and through Kundalini yoga) we open up to that miraculous possibility-place again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. VJKK VJKF Fi and Saranpreet!
    @Fi: I havn't read it but I should soon! It sounds interesting n fun!
    @Saranpreet: I guess you are right, I've felt my inner kid open up so much all along this journey...
    Thank You both for Stopping by and giving it a read!

    ReplyDelete