Sunday, October 24, 2010

Purple Cows!

Just went out for a walk, and took some pictures of the flowers.... In my favorite colors- pink and purple!!! 
While walking, I was flipping through the pages of this one book I often go back to... I came across something worth sharing:


There is no true celebration of who we are unless there is, first acceptance of [our God Given things, that we have little or no control over]. We must embrace the boundaries and borders of our birth, as well as the opportunities to actualize our wishes and dreams. Celebration is a careful balance.
Celebration is not a declaration of invincibility or omnipotence. On the contrary, what we celebrate is being human. We celebrate all that it is being a human- the tears of sorrow and joy,the extraordinary accomplishments, the ordinary failures, the courage to meet the challenge, the wisdom to ask for help, the soaring of youth, the settling of adulthood, and the marvelous melting of old age  . We embrace and celebrate it all.
If we are to be fully capable of love, we must be ready to celebrate who we are. We must like ourselves. We must know ourselves. We must trust and respect ourselves. We must find ourselves worthy of love and respect. We must believe ourselves to be admirable. 
When we know we are loveable, we are free to love. When we freely love life becomes a celebration....
- Pastor William R. Grimbol- The Grace of Love, Meditations and prayers


Oh well, Sometimes, I look through my shelf of memories, and read the poems and essays I wrote as a kid... and somehow, I'd always re-read this one essay I wrote, about myself in a class and I remember that interestingly, most people found it really hard to even write a paragraph about themselves, and here I was, writing a full interesting essay, really only defining who I am....
and the most remarkable thing is, that as a 10 year old I knew that "I live only to serve my passions and feed my curiosities".... and that it still holds true... I do live somehow, (maybe even selfishly,) only for myself...


I've decided never to call myself a 'Failure' or a 'Big Fat Zero' in Sikhi or in Spirituality, for that matter....just because I am not.... I fancy self criticizing to a level that it interferes with who I am-  which I cannot let it do....


So I'm gonna go review my Genetics Notes, and finish having my dinner, You guys, have a good night!
And just indulge in whatever you love....


hmmmm.....I love bubble blowing, Really, and maybe I'll find an old video of me and my friends doing that, and literally, I remember in the video, I was laughing at the top of my lungs if the bubbles would pop on my face because of the wind... Oh crazy times!
Oh and that reminds me, this one time, Like in first year I had a late night Chemistry exam, and I did really bad at it, and it was a stormy night, no one was out in the streets, and me and one of my other friends, screamed on the top of our lungs, in the middle of the street, just to express how mad we were at our professor for making such a hard test... For some reason, those times when I do the craziest things in the world, keep coming back to me in my memory, just when they need to be repeated...I wanna be doing crazy things more often! Maybe next time I'll tell you some stories of my crazy times... so funny...!


Haha!
Have a good night!
Love and light....

No comments:

Post a Comment