Thursday, July 29, 2010

Update

I my Santhya class this week, we were as always, learning to read the Gurbani, and at some point, we talked about some verses which said that God is [almost] unattainable, we all know that God is formless and cannot be held by our Indries (Senses of touch/ smell , etc.). And then out instructor told us that as some point we'll read in the Guru Granth Sahib ji, it says that the only way to touch God with our senses is through Gurbani and the Gurumantar...  I think I love reading Guru ji...I love them! they say things that are true but that I would have never thought of until this Knowledge dawned upon me through the Guru...
***

I took so many pictures that I wanna share so bad, but I can upload another set of photos on my flickr only after August 1....I can't wait to put them up!
 ***

In my Local Sangat, there's so many events, camps, Kirtans that go on...I always wanna go to most of them, but generally things don't either work out with my schedule or something comes up, blocking me from going and getting inspired... I regret that sometimes- I wish I was a little younger when I came into Sikhi, b/c then I wouldn't have all these things and jobs to deal with. But then again, I strongly believe that everything happens the way it does b/c of God's will, and so if I can't make it to something I feel is super important... It probably is b/c God wants me to deal with other thing at this point of time and things will work out when Precisely God would want them to!
***

I was reading something I totally wanna share ...So here it goes:

"Happiness lies in wait; it comes upon suddenly,
like a midnight thief at a turn up in the street,
or in the midst of a dream, because a ray of
light, a strain of music, a face, or a gesture has
overcome the despair of living."
-Hector Bianciotti


Take Care
God bless you all!
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

3 comments:

  1. The verse about happiness is very beautiful and very true I think. Sometimes happiness just flushes through you without no apparent reason.

    Take care, HarSimran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your new photos. Very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwn! Thanks so much for taking your time to look at them! you are so encouraging !
    <3 !
    Thanks =)

    Love and light!
    Sat Nam!

    ReplyDelete