Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I was reading something last night, as I was cleaning up my book Shelf, where I have collected different Scriptures that I've ever gotten a chance to buy...and it made me think... I thought I'd share a small little Excerpt:
"We often approach God's guidance and laws as though He were giving us a list of things we should do to make Him happy. But God doesn't need our help to be happy. God is offering us His help so that we can be happy. When God commands us to ".....love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind...."(MT 22:37). He is not telling us that He needs us to love Him in order for Him to be happy with us. He is telling us that we need to love what is  good in the universe so that we can live happy lives."
This was interesting, because I've been as you know building up this guilt inside of me for doing What I love the most (Sikh Lifestyle - banis, vegitarianism and just things like fighting desires and Ego oh and the BIG one for me- Laziness...) kinda wrong and I always tend to get caught up in becoming a perfectionist which is totally unaccomplished! I am starting to realize that all I need to focus on is my love for the Guru...who, for me is already the most Blissful and important relationship I can ever have!

Wanna know something funny......
K, so, I have a friend who suddenly one day found out that I wear a Kirpan, generally, Canada and Canadians are pretty fine with it, and with any articles of Faith for that matter.... but he kinda stopped talking to me, and I was, until today thinking that this is not so much of a 'friendship breakup' thing, but today, as I walked into the room he was in, I noticed him looking down my shirt, as if he was trying to notice the Kirpan (or maybe something else, you never know!) and he didn't really talk to me too much today either..... but I think that this is purely because we were never too close as friends anyway, and even if we were, maybe he needs some more time to accept and understand that it is not a weapon... or my other hypothesis to this is that Maybe I should leave my Kirpan loose and not tuck it under my shirt in a way that most people wouldn't easily notice it... so that people understand that It means so much different to me that what it might look like ("Dagger", which it really is not at least for me!) Also, when he noticed that I wear it, I was not comfortable enough to let him call a dagger and so I did not explain him my reasons correctly at all.....but at the end of the day how does it really matter.... If the Guru wants and if I am blessed enough, it'll always be on me, as a part of my body!
Plus, I love My Guru and would follow His commands as far as I can, It might take some time...it might be a bit uncomfortable for some people, but that is who I am....Human body + 5 Kakkars + Love for the Guru ... as in - A human body with the Light (Jot - as Guru ji says in Anand Sahib!) of God!!!
If it takes time, I'll let it take as much as it wants..... I'm just a toddler on this path.... One day, I'll start walking and then running... whether it is now or in a long time... 

Love and Light!
Guru Fateh!

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to explain your religious practise if you don't want too. As you write yourself, if it bothered him so much that he doesn't want to talk to you now because you wear the kirpan, then he probably was not a friend in the first place. But it could also be that he doesn't know how to approach this subject out of respect for you and your belief, so be nice if he works up the courage to ask you about it. :-)

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete