Saturday, July 3, 2010

Today, this day.... is a true blessing....
I feel so good.....so fresh and good!
Well, I got a chance to go to the Gurudwara early morning, It was a beautiful breezy morning anyway, and just a few minutes beside my Lord, My Guru....made things even better.....

Something came to my mind like a few minutes ago, and I wanna share it....
I know someone who has a certain kind of Alzheimer (dementia) at a very young age, b/c of which he forgets everything, but the cool thing is that now he cannot work or do other things, but he uses this time in a better way...He goes to the Gurudwara every morning, and comes back in the evening, he serves the lord, day and night, and that is the only thing he remembers....this is a true story, he's my friends dad, So really I am not lying... but He inspires me so much, I've only met him in person once, but I feel like He's the perfect Human being...

This reminds me of another person who left his impact in my life... This was a little boy in my catholic school, when I was in India. His name was Nitin, we used to bus to and from school together. He was in Special School, a kid probably 11 or 12, with the brain of a 2 year old.... Nitin and I became really good friends, I was so protective of him, He used to call me 'didi' (the word for an Older Sister in Hindi). I'd chid the little kids who ever mocked at him, I'd get him seated in his class and ask him if he needed the fan on,... and he'd make gestures, and whorl like a fan! He was a gift in my life....who came to me all of a sudden out of the blue! I'd never let him cry, It was funny, I loved him more than my family sometimes.... and He loved me back... really!
One day I realized how much more wiser and special he was from all others, He really is special! I was really sick, with high Fever, and He touched my forehead (I guess he could tell that something was wrong with his didi!) and then touched his own....and shouted out 'Garam-Garam' (the hindi word for hot / warm) and I had a teary moment, b/c the same morning when I had told my teacher that I was sick and needed to go home, She said mean things to me, she said stuff like you are mentally sick, and that you lied to avoid work!
Nitin told me that day that he was a better human being, and that he had better mental capacity that a 45 year old teacher! He showed me pure love, He showed me that he was a fragment of the divine and that he loved me so much!

Life is cool!
I hope we can learn something from these people.... and just Spread love!

Take Care!
=)

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful stories. Thank you for sharing these moments from your life, they really touched me profoundly. Much love, Sat Nam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story about Nitin made tears in my eyes. Love! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I really love the both of you for being a part of my life this way!
    =) you both have taught me so much! I'm ever so greatful to the creator, to have given us a chance to be a part of each others' experiences
    Love and light!
    Sat Nam!

    ReplyDelete