Saturday, July 3, 2010

Read this on someones facebook status today..... I knew this by heart so it was a better than normal read, b/c I felt each word peircing through me, while I read it out loud... and Teary moment again....I guess this is what I am doing right now, denying that I have the biggest blessing of the World, Amrit, the Ambrosial nectar...and looking into taking the poison of maya...
 Listen to this in Kirtan (<--Link) form, its the best ever, I've loved it from my day one  of having known this verse....its almost enlightening, it illuminates lives...it, I'd say when the prayer is granted, gives a lifetime and beyond of Grace, in the Sanctuary of Guru Ram Das....(I'll get there some day....I hope! - *Oh boy! whay can't I still feel like I wanna Surrender it all to the one who gave me everything?- Ah! you see, Maya's poisoning me big time, and I choose to let it...Ah man!*)
 ਹਮ ਅਵਗੁਣਿ ਭਰੇ ਏਕੁ ਗੁਣੁ
ਨਾਹੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਛਾਡਿ ਬਿਖੈ ਬਿਖੁ ਖਾਈ ॥
ਮਾਯਾ ਮੋਹ ਭਰਮ ਪੈ ਭੂਲੇ ਸੁਤ ਦਾਰਾ ਸਿਉ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ ॥
ਇਕੁ ਉਤਮ ਪੰਥੁ ਸੁਨਿਓ ਗੁਰ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਤਿਹ ਮਿਲੰਤ ਜਮ ਤ੍ਰਾਸ ਮਿਟਾਈ ॥
...ਇਕ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ਭਾਟ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਕੀ ਗੁਰ
ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥੪॥੫੮॥
I am overflowing with sins and demerits; I have no merits or virtues at all. I abandoned the Ambrosial Nectar, and I drank poison instead.
I am attached to Maya, and deluded by doubt; I have fallen in love with my children and spouse.
I have heard that the most exalted Path of all is the Sangat, the Guru's Congregation. Joining it, the fear of death is taken away.
Keerat the poet offers this one prayer: O Guru Raam Daas, save me! Take me into Your Sanctuary! ||4||58||


 *_*

No comments:

Post a Comment