Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thank you Saranpreet & HarAnand!

Alright!
So I added a few different little additions to my blog....
My sikhnet playlist of Meditative Kirtan...which I'll keep adding to & I've also put up a playlist of Nitnem Banis and some other banis from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji....
All of the Nitnem banis are in English as well (I've put multiple audios of each Nitnem bani- including, Gurmukhi, Gurmukhi musical and English translation )...hence, if you come on my blog, you can do your Nitnem, even if you like to do it with translations! Just listen and flow in with the bliss of the Guru's naam!
Also, I'd think most of the audios will be download-able, so all you need to do is go on Sikhnet.com > Media > Gurbani Media Centre... and type in the Artists name... find the audio ; download it and it's all yours!
I'd like to thank the Sikhnet Gurbani media Centre developers for this great resource for all we need to stay alive - Gurbani!  It really is awesome!


I do wanna say that I did these totally because I've been so inspired by HarAnand and Saranpreet , the two beautiful Kaurs' blogs!
In fact, the reason I write this journal of mine is totally because I've been so deeply moved and inspired by their blogging! Its all thanks to them, at the first place!
A hearty thanks to the both of you!!!



And here's the loveliest gesture of pure love and compassion I've ever received in my life:

HarAnand Kaur gifted me this picture with my name calligraphy!
Its beautiful!
Its lovely!.....I for the first time disclosed my formal name in my blog, which I was blessed with, at the time of my birth, from the initial letter of the Hukamnamah received, by the grace of the Omnipresent -Omnipotent God and the Guru! This is done in most Sikh families, to get like a starting point for looking into naming a baby, in a ceremony called Namkaran.
It is like the Spiritual name (also the formal name- with the grace of the Guru, and Namkaran ceremony ends with an Ardaas, done at the feet of Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj, thanking for the name thus given!)  for any Sikh child....

Harsimran Kaur, as a name is a Special gift of the Guru....I've always been called that, but now (since the last one year) is when I actually started to wanna stand up for who I am, what my name stands for.....
And , so your Spiritual name is your own personal mantra (-as Saranpreet Kaur said), which reminds you of what you can be or should be Ideally! Hence.....I am here trying to become HarSimran Kaur.... 

It has been a slow and hard journey so far..... but I just know that trying my hardest is all I wanna do!


Thank you Har Anand Kaur! this is one beautiful gift!
Thanks a million!

2 comments:

  1. Once again; you are such a sweet soul, Hapiness charm! When I did the background to your name I was trying to capture the spirit of what you are showing us of yourself here on the net. You truly are a piece of bubbling happiness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwn! You're so kind Har Anand! Thankyou so much!
    =)

    ReplyDelete