Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dancing in the rain of His blessings!

I really wanna own a pet Tortoise! Tortoises are hella cute!    =) 
I was telling a group of friends that I'd wanna get a pet tortoise, and one of them said that because Tortoises have a really long life, of hundreds of years.... it is a really bad life (junee) to be in, amongst the cycle of 8.4 million births and deaths....
Life, (according to some GurSikhs I've talked to about this)  is rendered useless, unless you invest your time onto remembering , thanking and surrendering unto God /The Guru.....
and what I feel is that because this is our chance to go on the path towards truth and salvation...or just spiritual liberation, we, as humans can use this only chance......so, it might mean that the longer the Human life is, the better is your chance....
Although, for myself....I am not becoming a Sikh just to attain liberation.... its because I love the feeling of being at the Feet of the Guru - My True Guru (in my eyes!)
and so, I feel like I wanna have a Tortoise all the more now.....I'd love it, I'd sing Gurbani to him/her.....and consider it as a little responsibility....just out of my love for my pet...and b/c I'd want my lil cutie to go to a good place after this life.....
So what do you think guys? should I get a tortoise.....I think it'll be a seva for me and for my pet! right?

Anyways,
I wanna tell you guys something, I was listening to this Shabad:  Anadho Anadh Ghanaa
and reading (/understanding) the translations at the same time.....and it almost felt like I was the one singing this for my beloved Guru! It really felt that way... I usually feel like that when meditating on a Shabad, not otherwise...but I guess I got lucky!  
It's beautifully sung by Nirinjin Kaur Khalsa; to an extent that, I just totally was lost into it.....
I felt like I was dancing in the rain, tasting the sweetness of naam, and just being immersed in my true lord....

It goes like:
ਅਨਦੋ ਅਨਦੁ ਘਣਾ ਮੈ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਡੀਠਾ ਰਾਮ ॥
anadho anadh ghanaa mai so prabh ddeethaa raam ||
Joy - great joy! I have seen the Lord God!
ਚਾਖਿਅੜਾ ਚਾਖਿਅੜਾ ਮੈ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਮੀਠਾ ਰਾਮ ॥
chaakhiarraa chaakhiarraa mai har ras meethaa raam ||
Tasted - I have tasted the sweet essence of the Lord.
ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਮੀਠਾ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਵੂਠਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਤੂਠਾ ਸਹਜੁ ਭਇਆ ॥har ras meethaa man mehi voothaa sathigur thoothaa sehaj bhaeiaa ||
The sweet essence of the Lord has rained down in my mind; by the pleasure of the True Guru, I have attained peaceful ease.
ਗ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਵਸਿ ਆਇਆ ਮੰਗਲੁ ਗਾਇਆ ਪੰਚ ਦੁਸਟ ਓਇ ਭਾਗਿ ਗਇਆ ॥
grihu vas aaeiaa mangal gaaeiaa panch dhusatt oue bhaag gaeiaa ||
I have come to dwell in the home of my own self, and I sing the songs of joy; the five villains have fled.
ਸੀਤਲ ਆਘਾਣੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬਾਣੇ ਸਾਜਨ ਸੰਤ ਬਸੀਠਾ ॥
seethal aaghaanae anmrith baanae saajan santh baseethaa ||
I am soothed and satisfied with the Ambrosial Bani of His Word; the friendly Saint is my advocate.
ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਨੈਣੀ ਡੀਠਾ ॥੧॥kahu naanak har sio man maaniaa so prabh nainee ddeethaa ||1||
Says Nanak, my mind is in harmony with the Lord; I have seen God with my eyes. ||1||



Take care guys!
Lemme know if you like the music and if I should get a pet tortoise....


=)

5 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful text, I can see how you get the feeling of dancing in the rain.

    I think you should get a tortoise if that is what you long to do. I recently got two cats and they bring much joy in to every day life, some greif to though, they are using their claws on my walls. I don't like that at all, but what to do? They're just animals and don't understand that I like my walls unclawed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Shabd, thank you for sharing! Pets are can be a great comfort and also a good way to commit to another being; being there for them. Tortoises mind themselves pretty well, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little something for you on my blog. Check out the tab "Gift" next to "About me" on the top of my blog. I hope you like, let me know if you do or don't. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My God!
    I love it!!! HarAnand, you're so sweet! this is a lovely gesture! I've got to say....a huge hearty thanks to you for the loveliest gift I've ever gotten!!!!

    This is so cool, so adorable!
    Thank you
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) I'm glad you liked it! I'll remove the Gift page for now, if you need to dowload the picture again let me know and I'll republish it.

    ReplyDelete