Thursday, June 24, 2010

The more I meditate on Anadho Anadh Ghanaa , the more it gives me the feeling of dancing in rain....in the Rain of His blessings, His Love, as I said a few days ago.... but there's something funny about this feeling.... I am constantly reminded of this one prayer we used to sing in the Catholic school that I attended as a child.... I sing it again ... I sing it and feel the rain....
 
There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.

And then I sing again.....

ਅਨਦੋ ਅਨਦੁ ਘਣਾ ਮੈ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਡੀਠਾ ਰਾਮ ॥
anadho anadh ghanaa mai so prabh ddeethaa raam ||
Joy - great joy! I have seen the Lord God!
ਚਾਖਿਅੜਾ ਚਾਖਿਅੜਾ ਮੈ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਮੀਠਾ ਰਾਮ ॥
chaakhiarraa chaakhiarraa mai har ras meethaa raam ||
Tasted - I have tasted the sweet essence of the Lord.
ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਮੀਠਾ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਵੂਠਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਤੂਠਾ ਸਹਜੁ ਭਇਆ ॥har ras meethaa man mehi voothaa sathigur thoothaa sehaj bhaeiaa ||
The sweet essence of the Lord has rained down in my mind; by the pleasure of the True Guru, I have attained peaceful ease.
ਗ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਵਸਿ ਆਇਆ ਮੰਗਲੁ ਗਾਇਆ ਪੰਚ ਦੁਸਟ ਓਇ ਭਾਗਿ ਗਇਆ ॥
grihu vas aaeiaa mangal gaaeiaa panch dhusatt oue bhaag gaeiaa ||
I have come to dwell in the home of my own self, and I sing the songs of joy; the five villains have fled.
ਸੀਤਲ ਆਘਾਣੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬਾਣੇ ਸਾਜਨ ਸੰਤ ਬਸੀਠਾ ॥
seethal aaghaanae anmrith baanae saajan santh baseethaa ||
I am soothed and satisfied with the Ambrosial Bani of His Word; the friendly Saint is my advocate.
ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਨੈਣੀ ਡੀਠਾ ॥੧॥kahu naanak har sio man maaniaa so prabh nainee ddeethaa ||1||
Says Nanak, my mind is in harmony with the Lord; I have seen God with my eyes. ||1||


and really, just as a toddler on this path, I feel the oneness of it all...
It doesn't take me too much time to derive inspiration from my older spiritual encounters,
The Spiritaulity that I've ever experienced, all directs me here..........
verses from the Bible also direct me to take shelter at the feet of the True Guru, Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaaj....
"Lord my life like a vapor, that only appears for such a little while and then vanishies (James 4:14)"
I pray that you make me humble God, for you say, "For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." - Matthew 23:12.
Lord my body is your heavenly temple!
You say that, "If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple." 1 Corinthians 3:17

All of these talk to me... If one reinforces that:  "GOBIND MILAN KI EH TERI BARIAA
This is your only chance to achieve salvation (being one with God).
Salvation can be achieved only by God’s grace, which comes by righteous living and doing Simran (meditating) with love and devotion. Only human beings can do this. Therefore, being born as a human being is the only chance to achieve salvation. "
the other one whispers in my ear, that since my body is His temple, I need to take care of this vehicle and reiterates the vow I took to keep all my Kesh intact and not peirce / tattoo my body...." <-- the vow that I always tend to forget or ignore =(
and one stays in my head all night...telling me that /i need to be grateful.... grateful for what I've gotten as a Sikh and not walk away.... Being Humble, in my eyes, means to be thankful for all these Blessings.... I deny my blessings, I sin against myself, my own body, my own soul..... I commit sins each day....
I probably never deserved to even see my path this clearly....
but I am blessed to be here......
The biggest blessing is to have seen this....experienced Sikhi....Having had all these feelings for Guru jee...

I'm ever so grateful! Grateful for having Guru jee, wake me up, each morning,....
tuck me in bed with His beautiful Kirtan Sohila .... and letting me fall into His lap when I wanna cry my head off... hahaha!

Anyways, I'm being a crybaby again...

I should get going,
need to help my friends organize and event in my School tonight...

Thanks for being a part of my life,
  and my experience
Thanks for being there for me,
and motivating me while I cease to see my way!

Sat Naam!

2 comments:

  1. I feel we do our best in any given situation, and that best might vary depending on the circumstances. But I think keeping up means doing the best you can do and leaving the rest to God. Intention is so powerful. So don't worry about worthiness, you're here, alive, aren't you? Just focus on all the good things you do!
    Sat Nam. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Hapiness, what I love about sikhism is the focus on love and not on obeying or sin... Your writings are always filled with love for the Guru, how could you possible be doing anything wrong?

    Smiles & Blessings,

    ReplyDelete