Friday, June 4, 2010

Mo Ko Thaar Lae Raamaa Thaar Lae

I've been Immersed!
Immersed in the true Guru's love...hahaha!

My mind and has been deeply moved and immersed in humming this tune and singing this:

( Mo Ko Thaar Lae Raamaa Thaar Lae -Dileep Kaur)

ਮੋ ਕਉ ਤਾਰਿ ਲੇ ਰਾਮਾ ਤਾਰਿ ਲੇ ॥

mo ko thar lae rama thar lae
Carry me across, O Lord, carry me across.


ਮੈ ਅਜਾਨੁ ਜਨੁ ਤਰਿਬੇ ਨ ਜਾਨਉ ਬਾਪ ਬੀਠੁਲਾ ਬਾਹ ਦੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
mai ajan jan tharibae n jano bap beethula bah dhae   rehao
I am ignorant, and I do not know how to swim. O my Beloved Father, please give me Your arm.  Pause


ਨਰ ਤੇ ਸੁਰ ਹੋਇ ਜਾਤ ਨਿਮਖ ਮੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਬੁਧਿ ਸਿਖਲਾਈ ॥
nar thae sur hoe jath nimakh mai sathigur budhh sikhalaee
I have been transformed from a mortal being into an angel, in an instant; the True Guru has taught me this.

ਨਰ ਤੇ ਉਪਜਿ ਸੁਰਗ ਕਉ ਜੀਤਿਓ ਸੋ ਅਵਖਧ ਮੈ ਪਾਈ ॥੧॥
nar thae oupaj surag ko jeethiou so avakhadhh mai paee
Born of human flesh, I have conquered the heavens; such is the medicine I was given.

ਜਹਾ ਜਹਾ ਧੂਅ ਨਾਰਦੁ ਟੇਕੇ ਨੈਕੁ ਟਿਕਾਵਹੁ ਮੋਹਿ ॥
jeha jeha dhhooa naradh ttaekae naik ttikavahu mohi
Please place me where You placed Dhroo and Naarad, O my Master.

ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਅਵਿਲੰਬਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਜਨ ਉਧਰੇ ਨਾਮੇ ਕੀ ਨਿਜ ਮਤਿ ਏਹ ॥੨॥੩॥
thaerae nam avilanb bahuth jan oudhharae namae kee nij math eaeh
With the Support of Your Name, so many have been saved; this is Naam Dayv's understanding.



I guess because:
1) it is a soothing tune, easy to tune your conciousness into and just float in its rythm
2) well, I really don't know anything...... I really am not doing "Sikhi" well, and so I now just submit it all to God! only He can help me....... nothing is in my hands! I need His support!


It's interesting how I was talking about how my soul gets tuned into Kirtan and devotional music at times.....I guess thats what it is.... And I love the feeling ....I am contained, happy and With Guru jee, despite being in people when this happens.....



Its a cool feeling!

Also check out Ik Ardass Bhaat Keerat Kee (Guru Ram Das Rakho Sharnai) by Dleep Kaur, one of those tunes that I really easily tune into....
You might like tis one!



Anyways!

I wanna tell you guys something!

So yesterday I had a volunteer interview at a Hospital, I applied for ICU Visitor Room host and so the interviewer wanted to ask me a lot of questions to see how I'd deal with such a stressful atmosphere, and deal with things like death every other day, so to say! But guess what, we took forever, as if we were friends since 20 years or so! The interview took more than 2 hours! We talked about everything possible! really, about faith, meditation, yoga, about life in general, oh and about how I tie my head scarf thing, and why do Sikhs wear turban, and about Why I wanted to become a Nun as a child.......we talked about my catholic school, about everything actually! I guess she just loved the fact that I was so outgoing and bubbly, and so she wanted to ask me stuff she was wondering about, like she saw a woman with a turban,that looked like layers of cloth!
 I'm gonna volunteer as the welcome and way finding - front desk person in the Hospital, for 6 months and then I can work in emergency!  but that's totally cool, I knew I needed more Hospital experience before I can go into a thing like ICU in the craziest (Busy-est) hospital under Fraser Health!
But just talking to her was so cool! I think I am so chirpy and so bubbly that I often talk to people for really long, but .....

I personally do not like interviews too much! I hate to advertise and brag about all the cool work I've ever done, I did it all b/c i loved it, not so that I can market my skills for greed of fame or better work..... I guess that's why I Love volunteering so much....... but that's where people think I've earned a great skill set that I can 'Show off'

I don't really know! The one thing I loved about this interview was that it was way more personal than normal interviews are, at the end she told me that she liked my purse a lot, and I said that its super old now! (I don't know how to take complements =P ) When she asked me why I volunteer like crazy (soooo much), I said, to become more of a Sikh, a student, learning from life, as it comes! to learn to help selflessly, (I told her I lacked that Selflessness component) and we call it Seva in  Sikhism! All these things at were super personal, I could honestly say out!
I love making relationships, most of my employers, colleagues and volunteer coordinators, are my closest friends, I love being loved, and loving back, but I am not saying that b/c I wanna tell you how nice I am, but really who can live without love? Its just that making personal relationships is one thing I enjoy!


Talking of which, I've already made a personal relationship with my readers! I love reading your responses and they bring a smile on my face, I do wanna thank you all for reading my journal! Thanks a lot for all your support and love!

Love
H. Kaur!

7 comments:

  1. I hope you are going to enjoy your volunteering! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Makes me think of the ways I could do seva in my life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pimu,
    I think you do seva already, through your blog! You spread light and help people by putting your views on the table, for others to learn and grow and inspire their lives! In fact, we all do seva in some form or the other.... As friends, caregivers, wellwishers, as daughters, mothers, sisters..... Human life itself can be a huge seva, if we live truthfully, we can spread the light.... And you are a yoga teacher, which means you get to enlighten people and bring them closer to their souls- that's a great seva!
    Oh plus, you support me and my blog- that's seva!
    Seva can be really subtle in it's delivery!
    Thank you!
    And thank you Har Anand Kaur! I'm actually strafing in September!
    Thanks!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so kind! I guess I can sometimes stare at "results" in stead of seeing that it's the heartfelt intention to serve that is true seva. I'm a product of finnish culture... ;)
    I read what you wrote earlier, Happiness, and I just want to say - don't go to war against yourself. Dirt gets shoveled up in the process of digging after treasure! What's in your heart matters. God is in your soul, right? Then don't worry. :D Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me it's all been about letting light shine on the parts of myself that I'd rather keep hidden. Embrace the negative and it will lose it's power. We are human, we have all the feeligns inside us good and bad. Until we are free from ego there's no escape from them. A simple rule: What you resist persists! So forgive yourself and the part of you that is your "mother in your head". Today's a new day. :)
    Thank you for your encouragement and for living courageously!

    /P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Pimu! you're beautiful!
    You know what, you wanted to see results, to actually feel like you've done something, You and HarAnand Kaur, have helped me so much, encouraged me every step of the way, from starting to write to just accepting myself, to now starting a new cycle... I am gonna go on a 40 Day Sadhana, and this is possible only because you guys have influenced me so much!
    You are right, what we resist persists, and so, I am grateful for your help, its almost as if I have a constant blessing of seeing what to do next in the views and ideas of the Sikhs of the Guru....through you! I'll accept that my speed breaker on the path to the Guru is lack of determination and work on it...I don't even know what else I'll do, but I'll definitely try to embrace my shortcomings and keep walking....
    Thanks so much!
    Thanks for being here for me....
    You are a blessing!
    =)

    ReplyDelete