Sunday, May 30, 2010

Gifted......Are you???

Sometimes I think about the Gifts we are Given from the One who made us, and struggle to understand if they really are gifts.....
Its hard to thank God, I guess because He has just blessed us wayyyyy too much.....Everything there is, is because of Him....... also because He is hard to contemplate......what He wants from us is also not easy to contemplate......

I know I don't write too well, but as always I have an Excerpt to Quote!...Here it is, read and Enjoy!

We are all gifted. This is true. It is vital that we know and name our gifts. It is crucial that we do not diminish the importance of a gift simply because our culture fails to take note. Our gift can be as simple as being a good listener or a good shopper. It can range from being a wonderful cook to a terrific parent. It can be notable as being a fine musician or as seemingly insignificant as having a fine sense of Humor.

I feel like in this era, the Gift of being what we are is diminished to no end, there is no respect for Originality..... It turns out to be one of the Gifts that the entire Human race is blessed with, but our culture fails to take note of! If you are not all decked up in Make Up, or if you have wrinkles....you are almost not civilized....

I am actually partially writing this to talk about Hair and Sikhism.... I follow Sikh belief, and I am slowly living every bit of the Rehit related to Kesh, but I still do not feel too confident to boast that I am a follower because I do a lot of things wrong, (hopefully with the right intention)......

I might not do a good job discussing this topic but here's a blog Post I'd want you to visit (It talks about Kesh and new standards of beauty....in those terms), written by a young White Sikh woman who, just like me is new to Sikhi. I'd encourage you to actually visit her blog often, It's one of my favorites!

https://prithihardkaur.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/a-new-standard-of-beauty-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment