Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bandi Chodd~

Vaheguru Jio <3 

Tonight, I have a few things to share, that I've been feeling lately: 
  • I feel that we are the Sahibzaadey. We are Guru Gobind Singh Ji's children- we've gotta be like Baba Fateh Singh Ji, Baba Deep Singh Ji, Bhai Mati Daas Ji- in character & values. We are to keep this panth going.... We are to put out the fire of the Kalyug- or at least put a cap to our Kalyugi desires. We need to realize that we constitute the mass mentality that makes Kalyug possible- we indulge in desires- we are the ones who make Kalyug the way it is. We need to change ourselves & become more like the children of Our Pita Ji Sri Akaal Purakh Di Jot- Nanak Guru Gobind Singh Ji <3.
  • I feel that God does not discriminate. If we can meditate and do bani Abhyaas with a 100% true devotion, then we will see that we are the Sahibzaadey, the Guru's Chela, the Guru, the universe, the divine light. God wouldn't have been discriminative between one soul & the other- God loves us perfectly.... and absolutely alike.
  • I feel that the word Vaheguru has unlimited power. It can change the absolute fundamental being out of us. Within days of chanting continuously & dedicatedly- it can raise your vibration- change your consciousness- your projection- in fact your life ever so completely. There's something magical about this....
  • I feel that we all have our own unique paths- each one of us. I accept & respect all for being able to stand strong, somewhere along their own paths. 
  • I feel that our souls are crying & pleading to Pita Ji. They want liberation from the cycles of the 8.4 million lives & deaths.  We've had enough. Considering that we are souls- a part of the divine, I feel that we are longing- constantly longing to get out of the bondage of these different bodies that we take on. To me Bando Chodd is about merging back in the divine light. When Pita Ji, in the 6th form- Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji Maharaaj came to the rescue of the 52 kings...We here are like souls crying for liberation & merger with the divine light. I personally have felt so sad & empty inside without Pita Ji, at times when I do fall off the track & go astray. Its painful... so utterly painful, that we long and crave and cry and beg for Pita Ji's Charan Kamal. And in our daily life, we struggle, we need to struggle every breath to feel Pita Ji's presence, sometimes it is unbearable to live without feeling His Charan Kamal within our hearts & His Charan Kamal which we live upon. 

ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਮੇਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤਾਂ ਉਤਰਹਿ ਸਭਿ ਬਿਓਗ 
vadbẖāgī merā parabẖ milai ṯāʼn uṯrėh sabẖ bi▫og.
By great good fortune, I meet my God, and then all pain of separation departs.
ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਰਾਖਿ ਲੇਹਿ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਬੰਦੀ ਮੋਚ 
Nānak ka▫o parabẖ rākẖ lehi mere sāhib banḏī mocẖ.
Please protect Nanak, God; O my Lord and Master, please release me from bondage.
ਕਤਿਕ ਹੋਵੈ ਸਾਧਸੰਗੁ ਬਿਨਸਹਿ ਸਭੇ ਸੋਚ ॥੯॥ 
Kaṯik hovai sāḏẖsang binsahi sabẖe socẖ. ||9||
In Katak, in the Company of the Holy, all anxiety vanishes. ||9|| 
Happy Bandi Chodd divas
I wish (myself & for you all) to reside upon Pita Ji's Charan Kamal every breath of our lives, death & beyond. I (my soul) feel(s) sick & trapped in this body & in the cycle of 8.4 million. I pray that we dwell upon Pita Ji's Charan Kamal (both in the houses of our hearts/ minds & as our physical bodily home), serve His being & exalt ourselves- so we are set free from this bondage.  Vaheguru <3 Mere Sahib Bandi Moch <3 <3 <3


Okay, I'm a bit sick today, so I guess I'll go to sleep now, Hopefully at Pits Ji's Charan Kamal & perhaps His Niggi Godh =P.
I wanna re-decorate my room this Bandi Chodd divas (/Divali) - dunno why, but I feel that I've ignored it for a really long time- just b/c I've not had the privilege to pick some stuff that I live with. But now, I'll be my creative self & embrace whatever I have like a Sahibzaadee =) *I am not so fond of the term princess- Sahibzaadee makes me feel more connected to Pita Ji Maharaaj <3 *
*** Parts of this post are inspired by last weeks Bandi Chodd Divas presentation at the Guru Nanak Academy http://www.gurunanakacademy.com/ ***
Wahgeuru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh =)
PS. Wanna meditate/ chant / dive deeper into your consciousness? I have a few suggestions:
1) Meditate- just reconnect with yourself (Pritahm Bhagauti), and then visualize Guru Ji's Charan Kamal with your imagination- slowly but certainly you will develop a relationship with Pita Ji <3. You could do the same by letting yourself imagine the lives of the Gurus or the gursikh/ playing in your head the saakhis from the history....Maybe even do my favourite thing- read Gurbani & do an Ardaas, then BELIEVE that Pita Ji resides within you & you reside (physically- literally) upon His Charan Kamal *this is life changing- take it from me ;)
2) Here are some of my favourite things to Chants form the Akaal Ustat: (Chant for 10 minutes either in the solitude of your room, while relaxed breathing or just chant all day while you are out & about.) Chant with all you've got- mind, body & words. You will fall in one with everything as you open yourself up to the consciousness that God is all around you- Guru Ji is all you see in His Creation =)
ਈਹਾਂ ਹਰੀ ॥ ਉਹਾਂ ਹਰੀ ॥ ਜਿਮੀ ਹਰੀ ॥ ਜਮਾ ਹਰੀ ॥੩॥੫੩॥
The Lord is in here. The Lord is there. The Lord is in the earth. The Lord is in the sky. 
ਭਜੋ ਹਰੀ ॥ ਥਪੋ ਹਰੀ ॥ ਤਪੋ ਹਰੀ ॥ ਜਪੋ ਹਰੀ ॥੧੨॥੬੨॥
Meditate on the Lord. Worship the Lord. Perform devotion for the Lord. Repeat the Name of the lord. 12.62.

*Love & light* <3 *Hugs & Prayers*

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! FYI:
    The day of Diwali has so much significance...The day the 3rd Guru, Sri Guru Amar Das ji marked for Sikhs to gather at Goindwal Sahib to gain the Gurus Blessings, the day the foundation stone of Sri Harmandir Sahib (The Golden Temple) was laid in 1577 by a Muslim Sufi Saint-Sai Mian Mir, the day Guru Hargobind Sahib ji reached Amritsar after releasing 52 Princes who were being kept as Political... prisoners in the fort of Gwalior, and the sacrifice of Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh ji who saved the lives of thousands of Sikhs from an impending massacre on Diwali day by the tyrant rulers and was cut limb by limb instead...The day of Diwali is coloured with the blood and revolutionary spirit of the Khalsa... Let us pay tribute to these Sikhs, who when needed answered the Guru's call and have been immortalised forever!!
    -http://www.facebook.com/SikhInside

    ReplyDelete