Monday, August 1, 2011

A little something about me =P

I just feel like posting something totally random, after a long day of fun in the Waterfalls --> Picnic with family at the beach --> Beach (swim + laying on the pier and cloud-watching & sky staring with a random kiddo --> hike in the wilderness --> long drive with my sister --> Tea with Family friends & a lot of jokes (giggling for hours). I think if you read my blog, you might just wanna know some random, entertaining stuff about me. So here we go:
I'm obsessed with:
  • Life- craziness- adventure- freedom- endless love- everything that fun life entails
  • seasons/ weathers- all seasons- rain- sun- wind- Thunder- everything
  • The sky- it is the most amazing thing to sit ans observe <3
  • My Family: If there's anything I'm truly crazzzzy about, i think it's my family! I adore my baby brother- He's lazy and funny, but very inspiring when it comes to Sikhi. My Sister is awesome! I'm so much in love with these 2 people that I feel guilty every-time I'm too busy to spend time with my peeps. Oh and for my parents- It's funny how much I always want them to (In fact I worry about them as if I'm their mommy) have a good time /day /moment / etc.
  • Love of my life: seriously (at least for the last little while) I try to find my Singh everywhere- I literally dream of him ;) He’ll be an amazing gift from God, I actually think I’m the kind who’ll totally fall in love with someone too good to be true- someone straight from my dreams ;) But  of-course I want Guru Ji’s hukam to lead me in the right direction with this- and I have faith in Him, He’ll randomly one day, find me my Sing Charming, when the time is right & I’m ready to wait  (& go to Med school/ grad school in the meanwhile ;))
  • Guys with beards/ Guys in Sikhi Saroopchola clad ppl - I’m sorry if I stand and stare at any of these ppl- but beards and dreadlocks for some reason instantly release some endorphin within me ;) [FYI: Endorphins make you happy btw, I’m not sexually attracted to anyone quite yet LOL, if thats what u were thinking- Dude!]
  • Singhniya: I adore you all- I stand in awe of your commitment towards my pita ji maharaaj <3 <3 <3 *release of Endorphin*
  • long hairDreadlocksDastaars/ you know those huge SarabhLoh  Kara on Nihang Dastaars? I adore those things, they look like halos
  • NIHANGS <3 they are 90% of the time: the most handsome male forms on this earth =P or superly beautiful female forms- they just look divine 
  • Nuns/ monks- I love nuns and their habit (white/ black/ both), for some reason, they remind me of my school & my childhood- I soooo love how divine they look, even Buddhist monks look soooo amazing & Hijabi women also look like fashionable angels [I know its not about the looks but I think they all look so amazing that I'm sure they are amazing]
  • Hammocks- imagine cuddling with a close family member on a hammock and enjoying the weather #Epic =)
  • White Daisys- worn in the hair, as live flowers in the gardens / etc.
  • Dresses/ all things feminine (except outrageous amount of make up)- I like hair accessories as well as hats and headgears (patkey/dastaars)
  • Meaningful tatoos - like tatoos of mantras you live by/ or nice poetry/ art
  • Colored hair- like outrageously vibrant colors- Purple hair (of-course on others- not on me)
  • Music- usually meditative music: mantras/ chants/ kirtan
  • Raam Ji, Kanha (Lord Krishna), Jesus, Buddha, Ganesha
  • Imperfections- messy hair, un-ironed clothes, hairy-ness, messy room (sometimes and to some degree) [Messy washrooms piss me off though- bedrooms are okay if a bit messy]
  • LOVE/ unconditionally spreading love/ forgiveness/ acceptance- I’m so obsessed with all of these things- try ‘em on me and you’ll know what I mean
  • Singing/ chanting- ask my family - esply. my bro- he hates how much I do these things + one thing no one knows- when I am alone or when I go to bed, I randomly just keep singing/ chanting= its like I’m totally un-inhibited, maybe even compulsively always chanting. It has gotten to a point (day/ night/ all the time) that my family hates to hear my voice.
  • Nature- sea /ocean /waterfalls / sky/ wilderness/ trees/ fresh air  everything of the sort- to a point that I am always outdoors
  • People- I am a peoples person- I love ppl- I volunteer/ I take transit/ I walk places/ all of that cause I love interacting with ppl- Oh and I love the elderly and kiddos- they rock + I love wrinkles & the swollen out blood vessels on the back of the hands of the elderly- they’re particularly tender and lovely to play with- I know I’m crazzzzzy but really- I love the veins around the eyes of the elderly and the veins on the top of the eyelids of the newborns- so beautiful (I look forward to growing old but I also always wanna be a kiddo—- whats with me !?! I love being in my 20’s as well actually- at the moment I like the dreamy and workaholic, funaholic, and shopaholic nature of my early 20’s- I liked the craziness of my late teens- sweaty armpits and insecurities: that time was a bit too adventurous- a new crush every few years, a new passion to serve, a new curiosity to feed and  a new dream to chase and dream more about, every now and then LOL anyways, #moving on
  • HUGS- If you know me in person, u know what I mean- It really need no explanation, does it?
  • OMG did I just forget… Giggling & Smiling ALL THE TIME- to an extent that some of my friends have named me ‘Giggles’ / ‘gigglejot’. I’ve even found myself smiling for no real reason- at just a feeling or a memory / a random joke or nothing at all. But honestly, I’ve tried to make this a habit most of my life- and I believe that a smile is the most beautiful thing I can ever wear- so sometimes I just smile to look beautiful and FEEL beautiful =) I like smiling without a reason =P letting th eworld wonder whats the deal with this womannnnn
  • Some of you might have noticed that I didn’t say i am obsessed with any of the Gurbani- actually my bani practice is very weak- maybe even poor like an F- grade: but I really like the first few passages of Sukhmani Sahib & all of Anand Sahib & Shabad Hazaarey. But still poor practice makes me feel like I can’t say that I am obsessed, or does it count anyway???
  • Quiet study/ reflection time- I am obsessed with the peace and patience there is in studying/ reflecting on things- the poise on my study table: I just wish I did more of it though =P Obviously I don’t seem like the med school kind- but I wishhhhh Oh & even if it doesn’t work out- I’ll do anything in the health care field & I’ll love my life regardless <3 you know- that’s my style =) 
  • Co-incidences: always make me feel special and make me think that Guru ji is so cool- and crazzzzzzy <3
  • Guru Ji (Pita Ji Maharaaj)- I live everyday like an untamed, wild female- totally wildly dancing/ singing/ loving/ carelessly doing crazy things (LOL) but at the end of the day- my soul craves for the charan Kamal of only this one Guy- Nanak Guru Gobind singh Ji- Guru Granth Sahib Ji maharaaj <3 <3 <3 
  • Oh not to mention I am a worrywart- I am quite fun but I do worry a lot about small, useless things- however this is not my obsession, just wanted to mention it to avoid showing half my face here - you get what i mean?
Legend (my meanings of confusing words I used too often…:)
Crazy: Blissfully perfect, unbelievably awesome <3 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's another little something I wanna leave you with tonight:
"Forgive them even if they are not sorry"
A friend’s facebook status had me reflect upon forgiveness and reminded me of the last words of Jesus, when the tyrant soldiers were stabbing his body with spears and nailing him onto the cross- “But Jesus said: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” (From the Bible, Miles Coverdale’s Version, Luke 23:34, 1535). There was a nun in my school who used to say this to the kids, when she wanted them to realize that forgiveness is an attribute of ones character and one of the various qualities of God (& His children).
This one time, in meditation, I reflected upon Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib Ji Maharaaj’s “Meetha laagey tera Bhaana”, and was reminded of the same nun- its so interesting =)
Also, once some friends and me were at an event for KU camp (KaursUnited) recruitment, and we asked the women who stopped by on our table, to paint a word on the bristol boards, the first word that comes to their minds when they think of Kaurs- there was a lady who went on a tangent and said that Forgiveness will be the one thing she would like to see in spiritually empowered Kaurs- because she said, she had forgiven the lady who broke her marriage and she felt that forgiveness exalts us. hmmm… As hard as forgiveness might be, it is a precious attribute of ones characters.

Love and Light <3 Hugs and Prayers
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa _/\_ Wahgeuru Ji Ki Fateh

2 comments:

  1. These are great thoughts and a very professionally authored.A good ascending towards a more fulfilling life's endeavors...May Waheguru shower upon you blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, friend!
    May Waheguru Shower His blessings upon you as well =)

    ReplyDelete