Saturday, February 19, 2011

Toddling towards His Charan Kamal...

Toddling here on this road, I lost perception of my pace...
I lost some relationships, and made newer ones...
I felt some unimaginable & indescribable emotions...
I lost count of time
And I lost myself to Him... I guess, while defeating all the evil in me...
while gaining the most Transcendental yet whimsical perception of Life, love, the universe, & maybe every single thing that has ever existed... 
He made me Me, He made me Love being myself...
And He gave me the bliss in knowing myself as His...
In His feet I found all the fun and bliss of the world~ I adore life-Thanks to my Lord God
I really only want my heart to always Love and adore Him...
His 'Charan Kamal di aas' is all I want
Oh Guru jee, please bless us with the love of your holy Charan Kamal
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Acceptance and surrender... I adore Guru jee for blessing me, and showing me the light- I have never found it easy to accept or to let go, and this path has transformed me completely* Check Out what Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj blessed us with today =)



JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL:
After wandering through so many incarnations, I have come to Your Sanctuary. Save me — lift my body up out of the deep, dark pit of the world, and attach me to Your feet. || 1 || Pause || I do not know anything about spiritual wisdom, meditation or karma, and my way of life is not clean and pure. Please attach me to the hem of the robe of the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; help me to cross over the terrible river. || 1 || Comforts, riches and the sweet pleasures of Maya — do not implant these within your mind. Slave Nanak is satisfied and satiated by the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan; his only ornamentation is the love of the Lord’s Name. || 2 || 8 || 12 ||

I want to thank my friend Anam Hameed, for giving me the idea of taking baby steps, and showing me the direction~ well, so here's what happened... I guess before New Years, I was on Phone with Anam, and I mentioned  how I wanted to go so far in this spiritual path, but I feel I am a bit hollow from the core in terms of my relationship with Guru Jee; Anam is a devout Muslim, she prays 5 times a day and I see strength in that- I feel that it is very hard to get started- Plus for me, Sikhi is the way I want to live forever, every breath of my life, without fail- and yet I was failing quite miserably at that time. I had the 5 K's going, I had Simran, Sangat, Seva, lifestlye, veechar... thing going, but my daily spiritual practice lacked the experience of being in Guru jee's Charan Kamal- so the point is, I knew and did my Nitnem, but not like I should be doing- it was irregular, and usually informal- from my iPod while I was on transit, trying to get to places... I had been trying to change that but I guess I was too lazy & too unmotivated to get up @ Amrit Vela- Anam suggested that I should take baby steps & that I should at least make my evening nitnem regular and the build it upto the level that satisfies me, and then go from there
Well, thats where my Evening Nitnem regime started- usually I get overboard and read a whole bunch of extra banis, just b/c I seem to love singing for my Guru- I just love being in that moment.... It is like a love dialogue   b/w me & Guru jee~ and the evening Nitnem has changed my life. Nothing can be more satisfying and enlightening as Gurubani. And I am ever so grateful to Guru jee, Sri Akaal Purakh and all those who support me in this path- Thank you all- Thank you Anam & KU Singhania (you know who you are girls!)
Gurbani has melted my heart and answered my prayer- I always used to ask for blessing me with more 'Pyaas'- the thirst for Guru Jee & His love... I think I have been made thirsty.... and this heart ache and thirst needs to become worse by the day.... the moment I have this this call answered, or this thirst satisfied, I will once again fall out of Sikhi, out of the 'drive' to have a spiritual practice... That longing, that heartache, is my pathway towards Him, it is what replenishes and keeps faith from wilting away.... But Like I always say, Guru jee will never ever ever ever ever let go of me...
For those of you out there hanging somewhere in the borderline to the Guru's house just like me, Guys, Today I believe, soon you will too- Guru jee is such a sweetheart, He really cares, if you wish to be His baby, He will make a way for you to get there- Guru jee holds on to us tighter than we ever can imagine~


Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,  Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sri Akaal Purakh Ji Sahai! 

2 comments:

  1. Living on borderline to the Guru's house, that is so me. I love the expression and I love being here, on the borderline! :-) To think that I am close instead of lost makes me feel wonderful, thank you so much for this post Harsimran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Har Anand! I feel you- and I believe as well that just thinking that we are close gives us so much more courage to strive harder to break through our boundaries & step in. I guess with the God- Devotee relationship, just b/c we have a Guru, we are already close... its just a matter of time/ effort...
    Thanks for stopping by and giving it a read!

    Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

    ReplyDelete