Tuesday, August 17, 2010

=D

As I was about to go to bed, I checked my e-mail, and realized that a friend had been away for an event I recommended to her, and that she fiind it amazingly inspirational and filled her with all the more love, for sikhi and Guru ji,
As I was reading about her experiences a fit of pride hit me, I was so happy that one more seeker of love found my beautiful Pita (father) ji maharaaj (Guru ji) as a reserve of true endless love and with goosebumps on my body, I reminded myself to not feel pride in having recommended her this event, in fact the guru wanted to have her there and I am so happy for her. I felt all the blood gushing into my head and this feeling of ultimate love at the feet of my kind father guru Gobind Singh ji maharaaj, Sri guru Granth sahib ji maharaaj.

Jet realized that it is so humbling to see a friend taking my beloved Father as their Guru, my Guru as their Guru....( I've always had a problem with trying to propagate a religion, because, in my view, when you do that you are trying to spread your own faith to people practicing another faith, you are defying the beauty of that particular faith, that they initially followed without knowing it well enough, and I think that all faiths are just as good...) but in this case a seeker of Sikhism, found inspiration, and wants to take Amrit in like a years time, because she has experienced the true sikhi.... It's beautiful, and I almost wanna hug her as tears of love roll down my cheeks out of love and blessings I wanna give to her.... And out of the gratitude I am feeling for the guru himself... for having helped me and her and the entire world, for dawning upon us the truth of life and existence....
Well, somehow, I have been singing this one prayer that I used to sing in school and it has been stuck in my head ever-since I read that e-mail, and it is really worth sharing:

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen


I'm so happy and so thankful to God and the Guru!

Love light and blessings =)
Take Care!

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh!

2 comments:

  1. I love that prayer! It is in one of my favorite Snatam Kaur songs...

    I think it is wonderful to feel happy for someone else's happiness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! Sanatam Kaurs musical version of this prayer is beautiful, timeless classic! I love it!

    Thank you Har Anand!
    Take Care!
    Sat Nam!

    ReplyDelete