Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Knee Knowledge!

Dear Friends!

VJKK VJKF

A friends Facebook status about the act of "Dandaut" or "mattha tekna", reminded me of this great book that I read a few years ago, by a catholic Pastor who talked about the praying posture as "the knee knowledge"
I thought I'd pull out the book and quote the excerpt, b/c I really loved it and it's worth sharing. Initially when I read this I was not into Sikhi, and was struggling to seek it, in my head.... I totally could relate it to the act of "mattha Tekna" in terms of the fact that I felt freedom in bowing, and giving it all to Him who created us!


"When we are on our knees, we know we are not God. On our knees we accept the limits of Humanity. We recognize that we are not in control of anything. We are not in charge. All our certainty is illusion. From our knees we see that life does not come with warranties and Guarantees.
Initially Knee Knowledge is Frightening. We feel diminished, inconsequential. Being on our knees is a posture of Humility. On our knees, our arrogance is shown to be ignorance, our grandiosity proves foolish, and any boasting sounds silly. It is on our knees that we do our best and most fervent praying.
Knee knowledge soon transforms fear into faith. We learn of the freedom to be found in surrender. No longer trying to make a name for ourselves or proving to the world we are somebody, we can relax and be ourselves. Life is no longer about piling up accomplishments and achievements. Life is an exercise of receiving. Life is a Pure Gift."

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's very powerful! It speaks very strongly to me, where I'm now. I truly feel the truth of that. Thanks for sharing, Sat Nam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pimu!

    Thank You so much! I actually read this, before I submitted my life to Sikhi, and so those days I was feeling that freedom in submission, and I was finally starting to understand that there is so much power and reason in Following rather than leading all the time..... and it resonated with me really well!

    I am glad that you feel the truth of it!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and reading!
    I wanna thank you for supporting my blog on day 1 (I didn't have the courage to write and publish untill last night, hahaha), really, It means a lot to me!

    Thanks a million!
    H. Kaur

    ReplyDelete